After the holidays, I decided to be a bit economical and use what we had left in the cupboards. A giant bag of oats seemed to be the large part of the cupboard space so this was the base for a recipe. Quite a healthy base too so I thought I should keep it all healthy.
This is a simple to make recipe with a healthy end result but, when I make it again, I will double the honey and add chopped nuts and dried fruit to jazz it up.
1 apple grated
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Melt the butter in a saucepan on a low heat. When it is melted add in the honey and stir.
2. Pour the oats into the butter and honey mix and stir well until all the oats are covered.
3. Great the apple and put inot the mixture with the cinnamon. Sti again until there is an even spread of ingredients.
4. Pour into an oven tray and spread out. Bake for 30 minutes until it is golden but shake about after 15 minutes so it doesn't all stick together.
5. Leave to cool for 10 minutes on the tray then remove and leave to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. this lasts up to 5 days.